Louis founded American Acupuncture in 1984, as a sanctuary for acupuncture and holistic healing. He’s been a pioneer acupuncturist for over thirty-five years with experience in nutrition and herbal medicine. He first studied with Dr. So, considered the “father” of acupuncture in America. Louis has had the fortune of helping many people along their healing journeys including chronic pain, stress, joint pain and longevity.
Here are some fun facts about Louis:
- Louis is one of the first acupuncturists licensed in the State of Massachusetts. (Acupuncturists are licensed by the Board of Medicine, the same body that licenses medical doctors.)
- He is one of the more experienced practitioners in Massachusetts: 36 years!
- His clinic is a healing sanctuary, comfortable, attractive, and peaceful (unlike any conventional clinic!)
- Louis is experienced in acupuncture, different kinds of body work, tai chi, chi kung, nutritional healing and herbal medicine. He now offers a consulation for herbal medicine and general wellness, including advice about meditation, healing foods and specific healing exercises.
- He has published three books, all related to holistic health, including co-authoring a pioneering study of acupuncture and homeopathy. He book titles include: Power Herbs, Defending Your Health Naturally, and Bioenergetic Medicines East and West: Acupuncture and Homeopathy.
Lou was born in Zimbabwe, Africa (where his father farmed for 7 years) and grew up in New York and Boulder, CO. He studied Science and English at the University of Colorado at Boulder and went on to develop his holistic training at the New England School of Acupuncture. He subsequently studied with many leaders in Oriental medicine. Louis currently lives in Pembroke, MA with Lorraine and enjoys healthy living, gardening and hiking. Lou has two children, Gabe and Ariana, who both live/work in San Francisco.
Feel free to contact me.